Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Weekend


Since I was not able to make it home for the holidays this year, I spent my entire Christmas weekend surround by friends. Friday evening started with some holiday cocktails with some co-workers, Chris, Dan, and Roger (the office was pretty quiet on Friday afternoon!) Saturday was spent shopping with Christie (Christmas gifts were all bought, so this shopping trip was all about me!!) Then, I was somehow duped into helping her assemble her new Ikea desk….funny what you will agree to for some wine and pizza!! Another exciting Saturday night!
On Christmas Eve, Christie and I had tickets to the Pacific Northwest Ballet’s Nutcracker. I have to admit, I really did not know the story of the nutcracker until I read a children’s book to my niece a few weeks ago (thanks, Campbelle!!) It is a beautiful story and PNB did a wonderful performance

Christie and I posing with Herr Drosselmeyer


Later that evening, we had reservations at the Melting Pot. We had planned to go to a 10:30 church and candle light service, however, we spent too much time dipping and eating that 3 ½ hours passed and we missed church.

At the Melting Pot

On Christmas Day, Wei-Jung, Liz, Christie, and I, got together for a late afternoon dinner of king crab legs. We opened gifts (thanks for the coffee maker, Christie, and the fuzzy socks, Liz!), talked for hours, and ate way too much…similar to my traditional family Christmases.

Liz, Christie, and Wei-Jung


I hope this Christmas weekend brought you all joy in your hearts. It has defiantly made me appreciate the wonderful friendships I have created here in Seattle over the past year.

Merry Christmas everyone!

3 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger jilldaisbrenne said...

sounds like a nice Christmas... we missed you. See you soon.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Sara Wicht said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Family that isn't family is a great way to spend the holidays. I did the same thing in Rio this year! It makes one very appreciative of the kindness and pricelessness of friendship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter