Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Scooter Girl

As some of you know, I have had some foot problems probably since 7th grade when I fractured the bones on the side of each foot while hiking, in keds, at Placerville Church Camp. My podiatrist back then, said they would eventually turn into bunions and would start to cause some significant pain. I started feeling more pain a couple years ago. I am not sure if the hundreds of miles I have been walking over the past 4 summers for the Breast Cancer 3-Day or my attempt to play soccer caused it, but whatever it was, I needed to do something to relieve the pain. So, after a couple nonsurgical attempts to remedy the pain, I opted for surgery. At 7:15am last week Thursday, I checked into the hospital to fix my left foot. The surgery entailed removing my bunions on both the outside and inside of my foot, taking bone out of my 2nd and 3rd toe and lengthen the tendon that extents to the bottom of my foot. The surgery took about 2 ½ hours and luckily, I slept through the entire thing!
The typical recovery for this type of surgery is 8 to 10 weeks non-weight bearing on my foot. With that in mind, I will finally get to the title of this blog “scooter girl.” After much thought, I decided to get a knee scooter to move around in both my apartment and office, and wow, that was the right decision; I am not sure if I would have lasted 2 months on crutches!

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Cool! nice ride...

When are you getting the flames detailed on it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter