Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Week in Review

This past week has been a crazy one. Here are some of the highlights…
On Tuesday, my boss, Kent, and I went to Eastern Washington to tour the Cancer Center that I have been working on.
After our tour of the construction site, we went to dinner with the foundation director and her husband. We pulled up to this restaurant that looked a little “sketchy” from the outside. (On a side note…Kent and I have gone on a number of business trips over the years and he always wants to go to lunch at these neighborhood restaurants. I am all for the local mom and pop places, but I have a prerequisite of at least 4 cars in the parking lot.) So, when we pulled up to this restaurant in the middle of no where Kennewick, there were only 2 cars in the parking lot….both of which were BWM’s…so I thought I would make an exception. I order one of the specials which was a pumpkin ricotta cannoli and it was honestly one of best meals I have ever had! So, if you ever find yourself in Kennewick, WA, check out the Olympic Blue!
We stayed overnight in Kennewick and headed to tour a cancer treatment facility in Yakima. What a beautiful place; here are a couple photos of the “Cancer Lodge.”
We pulled back into Seattle at 5:30 on Wednesday evening and Kent dropped me off downtown so I could meet some friends and head to the theater. We went to Phantom of the Opera at the Paramount. I was the only one in the group that had never seen it before and really didn’t know what to expect. I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it to all of you!
Thursday night Kent, Melissa, and I had a wine and dine for some potential future owners of a project we are working on in Covington. It was sort of wasted trip for me as I am pretty sure I said a total of 5 words…”would you like some wine?”
Friday, we all went for a drink at the Taki Tiki….home of the famous velvet Elvis! I love that place! After a couple drinks, I came home and watched the movie “Run, Fat Boy, Run.” This was a great movie and recommend it for your queue. Here is the synopsis:
When Dennis leaves his pregnant fiancée at the altar, a few years later he realizes that he has made a mistake and that he must win her back and it looks like Whit is also falling for her. To prove to Libby that he will promise to look after her, he decides to run the Marathon to win her back. Eventually in the marathon the competition is between Whit and Dennis after dirty tricks, Whit makes a foul causing Dennis to break his ankle and Whit has barely a scratch. Whit is rushed to hospital as he is being a Mary Ann whilst at the hospital; Libby realizes that Whit is not what she thought he was. She goes back to the marathon with her son to see Dennis. Dennis at this point is last but is still running he feels that he was kidding himself and that he should just quit until he sees Libby and his son this gives him all the energy he needs to finish the race.
Jill and the kids came over on Saturday for lunch and to take a tour of my new place. After a few issues with a dead battery and a mini-van at Alderwood mall, I went home to make dinner for Doug. It was my first attempt to make risotto and I think it turned out pretty good!
This morning, I worked a couple hours and decided it was too nice of a day to spend at the office. Ok, so it was really not that nice, but there was a patch of blue sky and only 30% chance of precipitation; which in October in Seattle, that classifies as a nice day!! Doug and I decided to take the ferry to Bainbridge Island. We took a little waterfront hike, got some coffee, and then hit the cute little shops on Main Street. We nearly missed the 5:30 ferry back to Seattle….we ran….literally ran to catch it!!
Tonight I made apple bread to take to the office in the morning….and soon it is time for bed! I hope this week is a little more relaxing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter