Monday, September 01, 2008

Dave Matthews

I just woke up from a three hour nap that I took as soon as I walk in the door this afternoon (well, technically I had to take a hot shower first!) Doug and I went to the Gorge in eastern Washington to see the one and only Dave Matthews. The venue was phenomenal. For those of you who have not been there before, the Gorge is an outdoor amphitheater resting on the banks of the Columbia River. The views were stunning. The concert itself was great; Dave definitely knows how to put on a good show! Towards the end of the 3 ½ hour performance, there was a beautiful tribute to the band’s late saxophone player, LeRoi Moore.
We decided to camp at the gorge, along with thousands of other Dave Matthew’s fans. I am not sure if I actually slept; our neighbors at the camp ground continued to celebrate Dave until the wee hours!
Here are some photos from the weekend.

Here is Doug setting up our camp...and yes, I did help...I just
had to take a break for the photo oppurtunity!

Walking to the concert from our campsite
We are getting closer!

We found a relatively close patch of grass to call our own…at least for a couple
hours!

This morning we decided to stop at a scenic over look of the Columbia River.

This is a wild horses sculpture located beside I-90

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter