Monday, September 08, 2008

The Big Move

After about 15 trips back and forth between my new place and old place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday along with a couple trips to Ikea and Target, I am pretty much moved in! The process all started on Thursday evening when I received keys and officially became the owner of my very first home. I think I stated up until 2 am trying to organize my kitchen…who knew it would take so long to determine the best location for Tupperware!
I took Friday off of work so I could continue the move. I hit a wall around 4:00 and decided to call it day. Saturday morning, Leif, Doug, my boss, Kent, and his son, Max, had agreed to help move all of my big stuff…couch, bed, buffet, etc. I am very grateful for all their help! Thanks again, boys!!
On Saturday night, I had my first guests. My friends Melissa and Francis came to christen in my new place with some wine and cheese.
Everything had gone pretty smooth throughout the entire move, that is until Sunday. I woke in the morning and decided to clean my old apartment and meet Doug there so we could load up my entertainment center and deliver it to his house. I had borrowed Doug’s truck in order to could go to Ikea and buy a dining table and bookcase. After about 3 hours of driving and shopping, we met back and my place and unloaded and put together my new purchases. We first opened the dinning room table box…and it was the wrong wood…my heart dropped. Without skipping a beat, Doug states, “well, do you want to go exchange it now.” I was like…give me 10 minutes to sulk in my misery. I cannot believe I just did that. I don’t typically make stupid mistakes like that!! (do I???) So, I left Doug to build a bookcase and I made 45 minute drive back to Ikea. One would think the drama would end there, but not today. I get back to Ikea and return the table and as I reach in my purse for my wallet and it’s missing. Again, my heart sinks and I start to retrace my steps…Ikea, truck, home, truck, Ikea…it had to be in one of those places , right?!?!? Trying to keep calm and collected with the friendly Ikea lady, I ask her to check lost and found to see if a black wallet had been turned in early in the day. I also called Doug and to see if my wallet was left at home. As I am explaining to him the situation, his phone dies before he can tell me anything. So I fly through Ikea, purchase the dining table, again, checked and double checked to verify it was the right wood, and hit the road back to Mountlake Terrace. As I am driving home I am trying to recall what I all had in my wallet…credit card, debit card, driver’s license, insurance cards, and some other miscellaneous items that should be a huge deal to replace. What felt like an eternity drive home, I arrive to find Doug, relaxing on the couch, eating some cheese, watching Saving Private Ryan, and my wallet. Thank goodness!!!
I know, long story to tell you I am a space cadet!


I still have one box to unpack and many pictures to hang, but I guess that will be this weekend’s projects. Here are some photos of my new condo.






4 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Congrats!!! It looks beautiful! Talk to you soon...I'm anxious to hear all the details.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger KJ said...

The new pad looks awesome! Congrats on your first home!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Sara Wicht said...

Cangratulations Gina!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gina!See you in November.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter