Monday, March 12, 2007

Two Great Movies

Over this past weekend, I watch a couple of really great movies….Idiocracy and 300. Yes, they are pretty much as opposite as you can imagine, I guess that means I am very diverse!

I have to admit, I was drinking wine while I watched Idiocracy, which is probably why I found this movie so histarical, but now, stone sober, I still chuckle to myself about a couple of the lines in the movie. The beginning of the movie starts with a comparison of the procreation of smart people versus dumb people. Here is how IMDb describes the movie:
Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.


Now, on the complete opposite end of the movie genre spectrum is 300. What a simply awesome movie. The visual effects alone make this movie worth watching. (I am a little jealous that Tammy and Bill got to see it on the IMAX, too bad Vancouver, BC was the closest IMAX theater for us Seattleites!) Here is the synopsis for 300.

Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, “300” is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy.


1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for something exciting that I will like to see on your blog.

Love you and miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter